Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
TravelinFish  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 3:29:30 PM(UTC)
TravelinFish

I'm traveling the end of August and planning things to see in my free time. Most of the trips I've taken where it says "view" means you either stand there and look at it or "drive by." If anyone has taken this trip, can you please tell me if you do go into St. Peter's Basilica on the day you visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel? The itinerary says: "Continue to St. Peter's Square, passing Bernini's famous colonnade to view St. Peter's Basilica*, built on the burial site of Saint Peter, with the most famous Michelangelo’s Pieta. . .*Due to Religious events, the opening times of St. Peter Basilica are subject to change without notice. In these cases, you will visit the Vatican Library instead of the Basilica." The way it reads it's hard to know and the gentleman at Gate 1 couldn't really tell me either. The "view" seems no but the *language seems yes.

Thanks for any information

gotta travel2  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:09:27 PM(UTC)
gotta travel2

you'll go in provided it's open to the public.

DJKuulA  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:55:20 PM(UTC)
DJKuulA

We did the 11-day Italy last year, and did go into St. Peter's. That place is HUGE!

I kinda wish we'd gone for the full 12 days. We ended up taking a bus on our own to Portofino on the last full day, which was awesome but turned into a kind of crazy adventure.