Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
jerseybarb  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 2:51:29 PM(UTC)
jerseybarb

We are considering the 11-day Tanzania trip for 2018. Information on the hot air balloon ride indicates that one must be agile in order to do this. I do not have mobility issues, but I am 73 years old, and I wonder how difficult it is to get into/get out of the balloon. This sounds amazing, but I would like a little guidance on the ride. Thank you for any information you can provide.

johnexplo  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 5:31:24 AM(UTC)
johnexplo

Two things you must know that first one is a book in advance with your tour operator to secure your place.and Second is There is no upper age limit, however, passengers must be reasonably mobile, fit to fly and prepared for an adventure. Ballooning is not suitable for pregnant ladies, people with mobility or health conditions (heart conditions, brittle bones, neck or back conditions). Passengers must be able to bend their knees, hold on to rope handles with both hands for take-off and landing and be able to climb into and out of the basket.
aresgow@hotmail.com  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 5:09:32 AM(UTC)
aresgow@hotmail.com

I'm 44 and have a horrible back. I have done two hot air balloons. Bending your knees is important. There is a opening on the side of the balloon you put one foot in that space and you will have to swing one of your legs over the basket to get in. When landing you have to crouch down. If you have no mobility issues you should be fine. I think you can purchase the excursion during the trip so you can speak to the tour operator before you pay. Hope this helps.

I'm planning the Tanzania and Zanzibar trip in 2018 and I'm def doing the balloon.