Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
BGBoettch  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:08:25 PM(UTC)
BGBoettch

This could be such a great resource for Gate 1 travelers, while it appears to be underused. Gate 1 travelers would constitute a teriffic resource for sharing information about various trips and locations. I suggest that each of your clients be invited to participate as a part of your post-travel feedback program - and perhaps these Community Forums promoted in your various communications. Until a recent e-mail, I did not realize it even existed.

/////////////
11/16 16 Day Classic European River Cruise (Budapest to Amsterdam)
03/17 8 Day Tuscany Fly & Drive
03/17 11 Day Affordable Croatia & Slovenia
Upcoming
12/17 8 Day Madrid & Barcelona
01/18 6 Day Rome
01/18 8 Day Affordable Morocco
02/18 8 Day Essential Vietnam
02/18 9 Day Golden Triangle of India
02/18 9 Day Central Thailand with River Kwai
kay  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 5:23:12 PM(UTC)
kay

The forum is difficult to find on the Gate 1 website. I rely on tripadvisor.com. I wish more people used this forum. It would be a great resourse.
denisvasiliev7  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:59:39 PM(UTC)
denisvasiliev7

Hello travelers! We plan in August to go on a trip to USA. And as always, it does not do without "but". We assume that huddling in the 5th in one car may not be comfortable and along the way we will use the rental of an additional car. I studied the forums and faced a situation where people had problems with renting a car in USA. As far as is known, some companies are denied a lease with a Russian-style driver's license for the lack of information about the driver in case of a state of emergency. I rummaged through the Internet, I found quite a lot of offers of services for the "translation of a driver's license or an issue of international standard." I would like to clarify this issue in more detail. At the moment, the choice fell on the company https://iaalicense.com - I would like to know, maybe someone used their services? Or owns in more detail in general this issue? The price tag is not great, for safety I will turn to them, I will write by the results, but I would also like to hear experienced travelers. What do you think?

denisvasiliev7  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:05:56 PM(UTC)
denisvasiliev7

Hello travelers! We plan in August to go on a trip to USA. And as always, it does not do without "but". We assume that huddling in the 5th in one car may not be comfortable and along the way we will use the rental of an additional car. I studied the forums and faced a situation where people had problems with renting a car in USA. As far as is known, some companies are denied a lease with a Russian-style driver's license for the lack of information about the driver in case of a state of emergency. I rummaged through the Internet, I found quite a lot of offers of services for the "translation of a driver's license or an issue of international standard." I would like to clarify this issue in more detail. At the moment, the choice fell on the company https://iaalicense.com - I would like to know, maybe someone used their services? Or owns in more detail in general this issue? The price tag is not great, for safety I will turn to them, I will write by the results, but I would also like to hear experienced travelers. What do you think?

DJKuulA  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 11:40:26 PM(UTC)
DJKuulA

Hi Denis,

I can't speak for that Russian site, but I can tell you that US car rental companies can be pretty strict. If I were you, I would contact AAA (the American Automobile Association). It's a major travel and car service company in the US, and they should be able to give you good advice about dealing with a rental car in the US. Also, contact some of the major US car rental companies about their specific requirements.

Good luck on your trip!

Ared  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:41:23 PM(UTC)
Ared

BGBoettch, I totally agree that this forum has great potential for sharing information, tips, etc., but it's unknown and requires real digging to find. I only discovered it through a reference on TripAdvisor--how backwards is that? There is a Facebook page called Gate 1 Travel Group which is useful. But again, G1 should be in the lead, putting the resource up front on the site and making it much more user friendly.
Virtually everyone I know from 5 trips has been very pleased, but G1 doesn't make it easy to express feedback. I had to request a survey to fill out--that should be automatic within one week of finishing a trip. I just did that survey, but it was all multiple choice with no opportunity for free text comments that would provide important elucidation.
They are losing valuable opportunities for interaction with and among customers. Are you listening, Gate 1?