Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
MM  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 4:41:22 AM(UTC)
MM

For anyone that has been on this tour in the past, is there much free time for us to take the time to look for more to do other than the optional tours already offered? We are signed up for all the optional tours and dinners and are trying to figure out how much more planning we need to do with free time. From what I can tell from the itinerary it looks like there is one night in Shanghai and one night in Beijing to find something to do on our own.

This is our first time to China and wonder what the transportation system is like to get around when not on a tour. We will be in Shanghai, Xian and Beijing.

Our trip is for April 27 - May 10, are there others on this forum going those dates?

KSA  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 12:12:30 PM(UTC)
KSA

I took this trip 3 years ago. Fabulous! Couldn't advise you on scheduling anything else in free time, as I like just walking around the immediate area that I am in during free time, soaking up the sights and sounds and smells. Be prepared for squat toilets and ALWAYS have your own toilet paper and wet wipes. Also, the rules on what you can carry onboard an airplane for the domestic flights there are different than ours. I am not a smoker so it didn't concern me, but a couple of smokers on my tour had to give up some cigarette lighters that they really liked because you can't take them on the plane. Also, make sure you have a little bag (big enough to hold your PJs, toiletries) because one night we had to put our big luggage out in the hall before going to bed to be collected during the night for an early morning departure the next morning. You will have such a good time!