Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
Xplorerz4life  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 3:50:08 PM(UTC)
Xplorerz4life

Hi everyone,

I will be going on the 13 day classic Thailand tour in February and am looking for insight on the included tours.

I was wondering if the city tour includes the train market and floating market? I am considering booking a full day with absolute Bangkok tours intead of the optional with gate 1. The first day of tour includes a city tour and I am wondering if anyone remembers the sights that were visited?

Thanks a lot for any input, this forum was very helpful on our last gate 1 trip to Peru.
8 day essential Vietnam, 1/2018
13 day classic Thailand, 2/2017
10 day affordable Peru,  9/2015
littlera  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 4:37:53 PM(UTC)
littlera

I think your plan is a good one.

The itinerary for your tour describes where you go on the city tours pretty accurately. You will not visit the floating market or the train musuem. The last Thailand tour we did with Gate 1 was the one that does River Kwai and the same sights you will see up to and including Chang Mai and Chang Rai. It was a GREAT tour. You will enjoy. The advantage of the Kwai tour is that it goes in the direction of the floating market so it was included in the tour. If you go, be sure you take the long tail boat to the market, not just drive to the market. That was great fun.

I have touted Absolute Bangkok tours on these forums many times. They do an excellent job! When you communicate with them, ask for Miss Pui. She both books the tour and guides them. She handled the booking over the internet (and email too if I remember) and it was very easy to do. Her english is very good.

Probably the best plan is to create a custom tour with them that includes the Grand Palace (the one that G 1 offers option to), the train museum, and the floating market. This can easily be done in a day. Absolute Bangkok offers a standard tour to the floating market, but not sure if that one includes the boat ride to the market. The custom tour can drop you at the boat launch, and then the van can pick you up at the market when you are done. We did the boats and then the tour bus was in the parking lot. Doing it this way would eliminate the logistics problems of getting back to the hotel after the Gate 1 Palace optional tour. Juse seems easier, and I think AB will include the Palace at a lower price anyway, and you would have your OWN guide! Absolute Bangkok tours are reasonably priced, even though they are private and custom, and they use new luxury vans. We were very satisfied with everything they did.
Randy and Deanie
Up next:
14 Day Treasures of Sri Lanka. 3/21
14 day Classic South Africa with Victoria Falls 11/20
12 day Kaleidiscope of Scotland 7/20; rebooked 7/21
Been there, done that:
11 day Classic Colombia 3/20
14 day Majestic Balkans 5/19
16 Day Spiritual Southern India 11/18
14 Day Holland. Germany,Luxembourg & Belgium with Paris. 5/18
15 Day Indonesia: Java & Bali 10/17
13 Day Classic Costa Rica with Tortuguero and Manuel Antonio 2/17
18 Day Nepal & Bhutan 9/16
13 Day Kasbahs and Deserts of Morocco 5/16
15 Day Classic India with Ranthambore 11/15
11 Day Classic Baltics 6/15
11 Day Kaleidoscope of Guatemala and Honduras 1/15
13 Day Kaleidoscope of Ireland 9/14
14 Day Israel and Jordan - 5/14
15 Day Kaleidoscope of Thailand with River Kwai 11/13
16 Day China with Tibet and 3 Day Yangtze River Cruise  5/13
8 Day Classic Ecuador and Amazon Adventure 10/12
13 Day Turkish Treasures 5/12
10 Day Affordable  Peru  10/11
16 Day Affordable Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam 10/10
15 Day India's Majesty with Nepal  10/08
10 Day Greece with cruise 3/04
Xplorerz4life  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2016 5:34:12 PM(UTC)
Xplorerz4life

Thanks littlera! I have booked with absolute Bangkok tours and they were very accommodating, efficient and professional.

Edited by user Friday, November 25, 2016 5:35:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 day essential Vietnam, 1/2018
13 day classic Thailand, 2/2017
10 day affordable Peru,  9/2015