Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
DDobosz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2016 8:12:33 PM(UTC)
DDobosz

It appears that Indonesia requires US residences to purchase visas. If anything has done this trip before did you just purchase the visa's are the airports or purchase them prior to leaving? Also do the rooms on the trip have hair dryers?

Does anyone have any information as to if obtaining a visa prior to arriving to Jordan is necessary? My husband and I are doing the 15 day Dubai and Jordan trip. I am aware that a visa is required for Jordan, however, the Gate 1 website states that a Visa is necessary but then goes on to say that no Visa is necessary if you are spending two or more nights in Jordan and all Gate 1 transportation and transfers are provided. Just wondering for those of you who have done this trip in the past have any advice or suggestions or comments on this. 
Thanks
Dana
littlera  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2016 9:46:54 PM(UTC)
littlera

I have already investigated this. While we have not been, this tour is on our radar, but probably cannot fit it in until 2018. Too many other trips already planned.

The good news is that if you are a USA citizen, there is no visa required for tourism visits of 30 days or less. The process is handled at the airport. They will affix a stamp in your passport at no charge. You ARE required to have two blank visa pages (next to one another.) If you do not have the blank pages, they will refuse entry and send you home, so you MUST have this available in your passport or you will have to renew your passport. I sent my last passport back to Washington to have new pages added for this reason for another trip, but the passport agency will no longer do this. It was free for me, cost $80 later for others, and then they quit altogether.

I don't know if you have already done the Jordan tour, but there is no cost for visa if you meet the tour requirements as you outlined. We did Jordan and Israel a couple of years ago and did not have to pay, although we were told we might have to pay when we left at the airport. This has been smoothed and clarified since, and there should be no charge.

Randy and Deanie
Up next:
14 day Classic South Africa with Victoria Falls 11/20
12 day Kaleidiscope of Scotland 7/20
11 day Classic Colombia 3/20
Been there, done that:
14 day Majestic Balkans 5/19
16 Day Spiritual Southern India 11/18
14 Day Holland. Germany,Luxembourg & Belgium with Paris. 5/18
15 Day Indonesia: Java & Bali 10/17
13 Day Classic Costa Rica with Tortuguero and Manuel Antonio 2/17
18 Day Nepal & Bhutan 9/16
13 Day Kasbahs and Deserts of Morocco 5/16
15 Day Classic India with Ranthambore 11/15
11 Day Classic Baltics 6/15
11 Day Kaleidoscope of Guatemala and Honduras 1/15
13 Day Kaleidoscope of Ireland 9/14
14 Day Israel and Jordan - 5/14
15 Day Kaleidoscope of Thailand with River Kwai 11/13
16 Day China with Tibet and 3 Day Yangtze River Cruise  5/13
8 Day Classic Ecuador and Amazon Adventure 10/12
13 Day Turkish Treasures 5/12
10 Day Affordable  Peru  10/11
16 Day Affordable Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam 10/10
15 Day India's Majesty with Nepal  10/08
10 Day Greece with cruise 3/04
Frenchy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:18:20 AM(UTC)
Frenchy

Can you let me know if you enjoy this trip.I am thinking of doing it in the future.Thanks
LOOKING FOR A FEMALE ROOMMATE .I AM EASY GOING WELL TRAVELED I WENT TO INDIA NEPAL EGYPT THAILAND ITALY BARCELONA FRANCE.WOULD LIKE TO GO TO CHINA TIBET SEPT/OCTOBER 2015.