Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
Annie_M  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2016 11:27:07 PM(UTC)
Annie_M

Hi,

I am considering the 12 Day Discover Northern France Tour. I like the churches and sites visited (and the cave dinner!).

If you have done this or similar trips: can you tell me about on average how much time is spent at the churches and spiritual sites (Reims, Chartres, Mont St Michel)? I like to spend some time just exploring these on my own.

Also, I like some indepenedant travel. For instance, when we go Monet's home and Versailles, I'd want to spend most of the time in the gardens, so I'd like to skp the indoor tours. Is that type of independance OK?

If this type of tour is not right for me, I would appreciate any suggestions of a better tour that might work. I am considering France and Italy.

Thank you and all the best!

LuvToTravelWorld  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2016 12:20:18 PM(UTC)
LuvToTravelWorld

I did the Kaleidescope of France several years ago. It was a 2 week tour of the whole country and I booked a pre week in Paris and did Versailles on my own. Other than spending extra money, I don't see the reason to do the Discovery tour but if that's your choice, ok. In Giverney you are basically on your own you will meet back up at the bus. You could arrange the Versailles trip to meet at the bus as well, but you will be missing a magnificent structure by not going in.
The churches and other places you listed are a basic visit inside, I think there was adequate time, you could possibly revisit from your hotel once you arrive.
Mont St Michel you will be on your own, yes. meet back at the bus.
I lived in Paris for 6 years so I fgeel very comfortable there, I can instruct you how to manage those places on your own with a significant cost savings.
I was actually disappointed with the offered meals, it's France, best food in the world and the meals were cheap and inadequate.
you can send me a PM if you want more info.
Sharon ~ Florida, USA
LuvToTravelWorld
https://youpic.com/LuvToTravelWorld

Next: Vietnam&Cambodia 2017, Russian Cruise 8/17, Baltics 8/2017
Done (and rated): 
17 day Discovery China&Tibet 10/16 3 1/2*
Ethiopia, on own, & 10 day Tanzania 6/16 5*

10 day Copper Canyon and Mexico 12/15, 3 1/2*
11 day Guatemala/Honduras 1/2015, 4*
14 day Greece 9/2014, 3* 
7 day Dubai 2013 11/2013, 4* with
15 day Thailand, Angkor Wat, Cambodia 11/2013, 5*
11 day Ecuador and Amazon 5/2013, 4*
10 day Costa Rica w/ Tortuguero, 11/2009, 4*, & 2/2013, 3*
10 day Affordable Peru, 5/2012, 5*
15 day France, 9/2012, 3 1/2*
15 day Turkey , 9/2011, 5* 
15 day Egypt/Nile Cruise, 2/2009, 4*
Globus trips..... Scotland Highlands, Norway, U.K., Ireland, Alpine Countries, Italia, Spain, Morocco, Portugal
 Independently toured South America- Chile, Argentina, Iquazu