Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post
Dawnarama  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Dawnarama

That's awesome! io am leaving on the 12 Day Kaleidoscope on Jan 26, so it looks like I can get this out of the way earlier! thanks!
10 Day Affordable Peru 10/18/2015
12 Day Kaleidescope of India 01/26/2016
14 Day Discovery China & Tibet 04/18/2016
littlera  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
littlera

We are back from our India trip with Ranthambore now, and had a fine tour!  We especially enjoyed the fantastic Trident hotels.  We were fortunate to see a tiger on both of our Ranthambore outings.  One was really close, and it actually crossed the road between several vehicles waiting there.

I am pleased to report that at least for us, the eVisa worked out great.  There were three inspectors, and only six of us in line when I got to the area.  It took us less than five minutes to get through.  Another couple on the tour said it took them about an hour, but they arrived at a different time.  It appears to be the luck of the draw, just depending on the number and times of arriving flights.  We got through much quicker than the "normal" visa line, which was pretty long.

We connected through Dubai, which had no issues with slowdowns due to the Paris attacks.  There was extra armed security at the Trident in Mumbai after the Paris attacks, as this was one of the hotels attacked in the terrorists attacks in 2008.
Randy and Deanie
Up next:
14 Day Treasures of Sri Lanka. 3/21
14 day Classic South Africa with Victoria Falls 11/20
12 day Kaleidiscope of Scotland 7/20; rebooked 7/21
Been there, done that:
11 day Classic Colombia 3/20
14 day Majestic Balkans 5/19
16 Day Spiritual Southern India 11/18
14 Day Holland. Germany,Luxembourg & Belgium with Paris. 5/18
15 Day Indonesia: Java & Bali 10/17
13 Day Classic Costa Rica with Tortuguero and Manuel Antonio 2/17
18 Day Nepal & Bhutan 9/16
13 Day Kasbahs and Deserts of Morocco 5/16
15 Day Classic India with Ranthambore 11/15
11 Day Classic Baltics 6/15
11 Day Kaleidoscope of Guatemala and Honduras 1/15
13 Day Kaleidoscope of Ireland 9/14
14 Day Israel and Jordan - 5/14
15 Day Kaleidoscope of Thailand with River Kwai 11/13
16 Day China with Tibet and 3 Day Yangtze River Cruise  5/13
8 Day Classic Ecuador and Amazon Adventure 10/12
13 Day Turkish Treasures 5/12
10 Day Affordable  Peru  10/11
16 Day Affordable Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam 10/10
15 Day India's Majesty with Nepal  10/08
10 Day Greece with cruise 3/04
Val  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Val

We are going to India and Nepal on December 24th (official tour starts on December 27th). I am getting our visas through an agency because it is more economical then taking a day off and a trip to New York). I called the Nepal consulate and confirmed that their visa can be obtained upon arrival at the airport. Does anyone have an experience with the visa for Nepal?
Best regards,
Val.
littlera  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
littlera

We went to Nepal a few years ago, and got our visa before we went, figuring we would breeze through the airport in Kathmandu without standing in the immigration line very long.  Wrong.  They had only one line set up, so everyone had to go through it, and we waited about an hour while they issued visas to the vast majority of visitors who were getting visa on arrival.

We are going back to Nepal next fall for the Nepal and Bhutan tour, so we are just going to do visa on arrival this time, as it apparently saves no time to do it ahead.  Gate 1 obtains our Bhutan visa for us, so no problem there.
Randy and Deanie
Up next:
Been there, done that:
Jim and Barb  
#25 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 9:47:38 PM(UTC)
Jim and Barb

Originally Posted by: littlera Go to Quoted Post
You are correct, and I was remiss by not saying that you cannot use eVisa for multiple entry visas.  You have no choice other than to send passport to embassy, have a visa service do it for you, or go to embassy yourself.

I don't like to mail passports either, but sometimes you have no other reasonable course of action.  We have done it several times, and so far no problems.  In this case it is probably best to send it to embassy yourself, cutting out the fee of the middle man visa service.

I am confused (along with lots of other India travelers) about the Evisa process. We are doing India and Nepal in Feb. I have completed, but not submitted, the online ETv form. In that form there is a box for "number of entries". The drop down box allows for single, double and multiple entries! Does anyone know FOR SURE if this can be used for India and Nepal (returning thru India). It sure is a lot cheaper, faster, and safer than using a 3rd party or going to the embassy.
It is a shame that Gate1 does not give better guidance in this confusing area.
littlera  
#26 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 2:38:12 AM(UTC)
littlera

When you go to the Indian eVisa site, click on the information for applicants tab, then see paragraph number 11. It states in bold letters that eVisa is only for single entry. This was confirmed on one of the visa service sites (Travisa I think.)

We did eVisa for single entry in October, and at that time I did not see the drop down tab you referenced. It may have been added, but I suspect that this is a filter designed to warn people wanting double or multiple entry. It may cause the application to cease, warning you that it is not appropriate for double entry. Try it.

If the eVisa is not good for multiple entry, the directions sure have not been change to say it is allowed.

The Gate 1 visa instruction page is actually pretty good for India. It also confirms that eVisa only applies to single entry. They give two web site addresses depending on single or double entry.

Edited by user Saturday, December 19, 2015 2:56:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Randy and Deanie
Up next:
Been there, done that:
mzobrist  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 12:14:21 AM(UTC)
mzobrist

We are back from our India trip with Ranthambore now, and had a fine tour! We especially enjoyed the fantastic Trident hotels. We were fortunate to see a tiger on both of our Ranthambore outings. One was really close, and it actually crossed the road between several vehicles waiting there.

I am pleased to report that at least for us, the eVisa worked out great. There were three inspectors, and only six of us in line when I got to the area. It took us less than five minutes to get through. Another couple on the tour said it took them about an hour, but they arrived at a different time. It appears to be the luck of the draw, just depending on the number and times of arriving flights. We got through much quicker than the "normal" visa line, which was pretty long.

We connected through Dubai, which had no issues with slowdowns due to the Paris attacks. There was extra armed security at the Trident in Mumbai after the Paris attacks, as this was one of the hotels attacked in the terrorists attacks in 2008.

Thank you for reporting back! This is very helpful information for the rest of us!
schroeds29  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 6:35:54 PM(UTC)
schroeds29

How have the more recent India trips been in regards to the eVisas? Long delays at the airport when using an eVisa or about the same as those with the 10 year multi-entry visa? Recommendations on which to get? Leaving late February so I need to decide which path to go down quite soon. Thanks!
littlera  
#29 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 7:27:26 PM(UTC)
littlera

See my reply under the "news and general information" tab.

As far as wait times at New Delhi immigration, it is obviously the luck of the draw depending on arriving flight times and other factors. We waited in line less than five minutes - others on our tour reported waits as much as one hour. Don't forget, the "regular" immigration line may be long too. I would guess it was at least 45 minutes when we breezed through the eVisa line.

If you do eVisa, please note that the eVisa line is separate, located further down the hall near the end from the "normal" immigration line. Some people on our tour waited in the normal line with an eVisa, only to be sent to the end of the eVisa line when they got up to the agent. The "normal" agents cannot process eVisas.

Randy and Deanie
Up next:
Been there, done that:
schroeds29  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:10:03 PM(UTC)
schroeds29

See my reply under the "news and general information" tab.

As far as wait times at New Delhi immigration, it is obviously the luck of the draw depending on arriving flight times and other factors. We waited in line less than five minutes - others on our tour reported waits as much as one hour. Don't forget, the "regular" immigration line may be long too. I would guess it was at least 45 minutes when we breezed through the eVisa line.

If you do eVisa, please note that the eVisa line is separate, located further down the hall near the end from the "normal" immigration line. Some people on our tour waited in the normal line with an eVisa, only to be sent to the end of the eVisa line when they got up to the agent. The "normal" agents cannot process eVisas.

Thanks - appreciate the info on the location of the eVisa line. Regards!
2 Pages<12