Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
PK  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
PK

Tammy & I are looking forward to this trip and meeting some new friends along the way.  Anybody else out there on this cruise (April 30th)?b71a8102-8141-47c4-85da-3f705fa99a8f.JPGb71a8102-8141-47c4-85da-3f705fa99a8f.JPGb71a8102-8141-47c4-85da-3f705fa99a8f.JPG
Bubbaloo Gramma  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bubbaloo Gramma

Hi,

If you are leaving April 16th....we will meet you at Basel on the 18th as we are doing "9 day Rhine Cruise"

Steve & Julie

Clinton, ON  Canada
Steve & Julie
PK  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
PK

Shoot! We're not leaving until April 30th.  Drop us an email upon your return with your thoughts and suggestions.  My email is pkight13@verizon.net.
gotta travel  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
gotta travel

PK, not going on the tour but just got back from spending a week on our own exploring the Rhine between Koblenz and Rudesheim (stayed in Boppard and used the train and ferry to get around).  Just a plug for Marksburg which I see is an option on hour tour. It's all that the reviews say it is - 'the' castle to see in the area (only castle that has never been destroyed - beginnings date back to the 12th century).  Not suitable for any handicapped (walking is on uneven stones with several climbs in confined spaces.  There's a cafeteria type restaurant with good food (think wurst) and good restrooms.

We saw quite a few river cruise ships plying the Rhine during our week.  Plenty of castle ruins to see. 

The area from Boppard to Bingen is the most picturesque and interesting.

Happy trip.
JAC  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
JAC

My husband and I are taking this River cruise in August of 2016. We are very excited as it is our first river cruise. I'll be interested in hearing input from others who have taken this trip. It sounds amazing !!
PK  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
PK

Probably you will have a great cruise HOWEVER look at my post "When Things Go Bad" to see our experience.
Dogma  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Dogma

We did a Viking cruise a few years ago that experienced low water midway through.  Viking scrambled and sorted things out but there were lots of unhappy people as many believed Viking knew the water levels would be low weeks before all the passengers left home.  Perhaps they did but a cursory reading of the river cruise forum in cruisecritic.com shows that European water levels are a frequent source of discussion.
That said, I really liked the river cruise concept but if I went again, I would go with one of the big operators who have entire fleets rather than a single boat plying the various routes.
Did you take this trip?  Was the ship the Mekong Navigator?  Did you enjoy cruise portion?  Would appreciate any other insights you can share.