Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
DJKuulA  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:21:52 AM(UTC)
DJKuulA

I somehow managed to book our trip so that we'll be in Paris on Bastille Day and had no idea! We're actually on the tour to Versailles that day. Has anyone had any interesting Bastille Day experiences on a Gate1 tour in the past?

Valium  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:27:24 PM(UTC)
Valium

During July of last year, we took the "9 Day France with Loire Valley and Normandy" tour, and we were in Paris on Bastille Day. (I intentionally planned it that way). Our group did the Paris City tour that day in the morning, and we did the optional Versailles tour in the afternoon. I can't recall exactly, but I think we were unable to get close to the Eiffel Tower because they were starting to close off that area for the evening holiday activities. Versailles is away from the center of Paris and was not closed for the holiday; it was very crowded, but that's to be expected in July.

In the evening, MANY MANY people will congregate near the Eiffel Tower to view the fireworks. We took a dinner cruise on the Seine with Bateaux Mouches and viewed the fireworks from the boat. However, getting back to our hotel (Paris Marriott Rive Gauche) was challenging. So many people! And parts of the Metro were temporarily closed. So we had to walk several blocks to get to a station that was open. Nevertheless it was an awesome experience being in Paris on Bastille Day, and I hope you enjoy it also.