Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
lisapavelka  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 5:46:03 PM(UTC)
lisapavelka

Does anyone know if Gate 1 honors a lower promo price for the same trip if offered after you've booked? We booked the 9 Day (March 28, 2020) Tulip Time River Cruise on the Monarch Duchess. As repeat customers with Gate1Travel, we receive their promo sale brochures. That's where we first learned about the sale of $200 off per booking using published promo code. Imagine our dismay to receive an email today offering the same cruise with the a promo code (FSERC1000) offering $1000 off per cabin. We checked the price on a booking with this code and it came up with a better class of cabin (Category C, with French Balcony) as opposed to our booked Category E (Window) cabin and it was still $1106.00 less than what we were charged on our booking made the week before last. . My wife called today and talked with Sharon in your general customer service # and she said she will pass along our inquiry to the appropriate department but that it would be 24 - 48 hours before we hear from the appropriate department (due to the holiday weekend). Had we known a much better deal would be offered we obviously would have waited to book this trip. I hope Gate 1 honors the lower price and doesn't penalize repeat customers for not know a better deal would be offered two weeks late.

lisapavelka  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 5:49:47 PM(UTC)
lisapavelka

Follow-up: we also tried to send a written inquiry to Gate 1 about this issue to doucment it and it won't send. We get a message that says: "This page isn't working, gate1travel.com is currently unable to handle this request, HTTP ERROR 502. Very frustrating!

littlera  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 12:21:45 PM(UTC)
littlera

Gate 1 has a general policy, often quoted, that says sales are not retroactive for current bookings. However, I have heard from several people on travel sites I participate in who said they were given the larger discount on booked tours. I think it depends on how long the tour has been booked. You may or may not be successful.

Either way, you are unfortunately at their mercy. Good luck!

Randy and Deanie
Up next:
14 Day Treasures of Sri Lanka. 3/21
14 day Classic South Africa with Victoria Falls 11/20
12 day Kaleidiscope of Scotland 7/20
11 day Classic Colombia 3/20
Been there, done that:
14 day Majestic Balkans 5/19
16 Day Spiritual Southern India 11/18
14 Day Holland. Germany,Luxembourg & Belgium with Paris. 5/18
15 Day Indonesia: Java & Bali 10/17
13 Day Classic Costa Rica with Tortuguero and Manuel Antonio 2/17
18 Day Nepal & Bhutan 9/16
13 Day Kasbahs and Deserts of Morocco 5/16
15 Day Classic India with Ranthambore 11/15
11 Day Classic Baltics 6/15
11 Day Kaleidoscope of Guatemala and Honduras 1/15
13 Day Kaleidoscope of Ireland 9/14
14 Day Israel and Jordan - 5/14
15 Day Kaleidoscope of Thailand with River Kwai 11/13
16 Day China with Tibet and 3 Day Yangtze River Cruise  5/13
8 Day Classic Ecuador and Amazon Adventure 10/12
13 Day Turkish Treasures 5/12
10 Day Affordable  Peru  10/11
16 Day Affordable Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam 10/10
15 Day India's Majesty with Nepal  10/08
10 Day Greece with cruise 3/04
lisapavelka  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:50:41 PM(UTC)
lisapavelka

Thanks for the reply. We are still awaiting word from Gate 1. We hope they will honor the better deal since our booking was less than 2 weeks ago and we are repeat customers.