Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
ButteredToast  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:53:30 PM(UTC)
ButteredToast

If anyone has done the optional Shark Cage Diving excursion in South Africa, I'd love to hear more about it. Specifically I'm wanting to know how it works logistically:
-Do you bring a swimsuit to wear underneath the wetsuit? If so, do you change on land or on the boat?
-Did you change into clothes on the boat after removing the wetsuit? Do you need to bring a towel?
-What did you bring on the boat? Is there a (safe) place on the boat to store a day bag/dry camera when you are in the diving cage?
-How big is the boat? Is there a bathroom?
We are wanting to go with our 2 kids, but want to be prepared with what to bring! Thanks so much for any advice!!
toolman  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 10:00:45 PM(UTC)
toolman

I haven't done the shark cage diving but will be going in September. I looked and looked and looked for info but couldn't find too much. Finally found out that the company that they use is called "Marine Dynamics". If you go to youtube and type in "marine dynamics south Africa" you can watch lots of videos from the company and travellers that have posted their personal videos. It will at least give you an idea of what to expect
wrk2trvl  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 6:39:29 PM(UTC)
wrk2trvl

When are you going in September. I am leaving the 21st.