Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
fishn4me2  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:23:43 PM(UTC)
fishn4me2

Going on a G1 independent tour of London March 2017. Anyone have a list of must-see and do places to visit? Is the subway the best means of transportation to tourist sites?
Thanks!!

Edited by user Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:24:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gotta travel  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 11:02:22 PM(UTC)
gotta travel

So much to see and do in London and immediate surrounding area. Primary modes of transportation is tube and bus (train if you want to venture out to Windsor Castle which I highly recommend).
Navigating the tube can be daunting at first but once you get the hang of which line (color coded) and which direction (look at the terminating destination on the electronic signage, you'll find it pretty easy.
Here's a link to a good youtube video about the Oyster card and options available. There are links to other videos by this blogger which are preety good to help plan a London trip. Most of the museums are free which is really nice for the budget. I do recommend going to the Portebello market as it's just fun (crowded so a good spot of pickpockets).