Community Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
Traveltheworld  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 1:24:41 AM(UTC)
Traveltheworld

Gate 1 Travel provide my daughters and I another AWESOME vacation. We did 2 day add on before our trip in Venice. We were picked up after our 2 day's by gate 1 at Venice air port and driven to Bled by Rok our tour guide. Rok did a great job and provided us with a lot of history of his country. Bled was our favorite town not very many people and everything was picture perfect. Remember to try the Cream Cake it was good. The castle views were absolutely unbelievable!!! From here to Ljubljana for a 1/2 day. Really neat town with castle on the hill. The castle provide beautiful views of the town. Our next stop was Zagreb the Capital of Croatia here the old town was neat. My daughters loved the Museum of broken relations . from here to Split were we got on our yacht 160 ft and only 28 passengers. The crew and food were wonderful. The 3 island were really great !!! We loved the cruise the swimming was cold at end of May but the water was clear!!! Next stop Dubrovnik where game of thrones and one of the Star wars was filmed. We were getting tired by this point and could just stayed 1 night the food in the hotel was great.The drive to the airport was along the coast for about 45 minutes very nice views leaving and great vacation. I would highly recommend this trip !!!!

::bashful::Leaving soon on the 10 day Costa Rica with Manuel Antonio ! Anyone last minute recommendations? I see rain chances everyday but low rain fall amounts? Are the biting insects bad? How was zip line and Manuel Antonio area? Will post about trip after return with pictures.
Traveltheworld  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 1:29:42 AM(UTC)
Traveltheworld

We only had 5 people on the land part. So our extra excursions were canceled. I would attach picture but can't figure it out.

::bashful::Leaving soon on the 10 day Costa Rica with Manuel Antonio ! Anyone last minute recommendations? I see rain chances everyday but low rain fall amounts? Are the biting insects bad? How was zip line and Manuel Antonio area? Will post about trip after return with pictures.
littlera  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 2:39:02 AM(UTC)
littlera

Glad that you enjoyed the tour. These destinations are among our favorites. If I did this tour, it would be with the optional destinations in mind as they would be new to us. I would not have been at all happy with the optional being cancelled. With only five, G 1 should have rolled you all into another date. It was unfair to the tour members and the tour manager, who had a very small pool to collect tips from.

I am sure the problem would have G 1 getting stuck with airline change fees. They should have sucked it up and made the change in my opinion.
Randy and Deanie
Up next:
14 Day Treasures of Sri Lanka. 3/21
14 day Classic South Africa with Victoria Falls 11/20
12 day Kaleidiscope of Scotland 7/20
11 day Classic Colombia 3/20
Been there, done that:
14 day Majestic Balkans 5/19
16 Day Spiritual Southern India 11/18
14 Day Holland. Germany,Luxembourg & Belgium with Paris. 5/18
15 Day Indonesia: Java & Bali 10/17
13 Day Classic Costa Rica with Tortuguero and Manuel Antonio 2/17
18 Day Nepal & Bhutan 9/16
13 Day Kasbahs and Deserts of Morocco 5/16
15 Day Classic India with Ranthambore 11/15
11 Day Classic Baltics 6/15
11 Day Kaleidoscope of Guatemala and Honduras 1/15
13 Day Kaleidoscope of Ireland 9/14
14 Day Israel and Jordan - 5/14
15 Day Kaleidoscope of Thailand with River Kwai 11/13
16 Day China with Tibet and 3 Day Yangtze River Cruise  5/13
8 Day Classic Ecuador and Amazon Adventure 10/12
13 Day Turkish Treasures 5/12
10 Day Affordable  Peru  10/11
16 Day Affordable Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam 10/10
15 Day India's Majesty with Nepal  10/08
10 Day Greece with cruise 3/04
Traveltheworld  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:02:41 PM(UTC)
Traveltheworld

I looked at the hotels listed on the trip we did 2 are the same. The one in Moteverde was the one at bottom of mountain. The si como no in Manuel Antonio is beautiful you will enjoy it. Make sure and go across street to the butterfly area.